This is rather mine personal diary rather than a blog where i pen down my thoughts. It reflects my darker side and a different approach towards life. As such i have no objection in anyone reading it, but then you are gonna be bored as it is all about i, me, myself. You also might end up with a different opinion about me. So I suggest, move on. Do something constructive!

Monday, October 25, 2010

How times change!!

15 years ago: I wake up at 4.30 in the morning. Am all excited and enthusiast. Am gonna catch the 6 o' clock Steel Express along with my parents. Four hours later would reach howrah and in another hour would reach grandpa-grandma's place. Looking forward for a wonderful vacation. Would be going to places in the next few days, including relatives place. Gonna meet my cousin brothers, will have loads of fun along with pampering and showering of countless gifts. Have convinced dad that we would stay at my heaven, Birati, for at least two days. Cant wait to reach Kolkata!

Today: The alarm clock starts declaring its 4.00 in the morning. It doesn't hamper my sleep though, b'cause am already awake, just an indication of the time. With heavy heart i leave my bed, complete the final packings. Have no idea when my next visit is going to be. Dad sees me off at the station. The very same Steel Express departs from Tatanagar station, me by the same window side, waving back at Dad. The train rolls out, passes through the same fields, the same stations that it did 15 years ago. There is just one change; instead of introspecting the vacation ahead, am retrospecting my days back home!

This i believe is the bitter irony of life. The very day i used to look forward to as a child, is the day that now i want to avoid, delay, postpone and if possible wipe it out altogether. Its not that Kolkata disappoints me, its just that jamshedpur inspires me more. Its the sense of belonging, the respect that my hometown gives me that makes the difference. Grandma still lives in the same place, relatives still there though the relations have become a bit matured and Birati still has a soft corner in my heart. Its just that my paradise have shifted location, has gone 250 km away.


No comments:

Post a Comment